Bee Museum, Melaka

Recently, when I asked S to smell the sweet smelling ginger lily in our garden, he replied that he didn't want to smell the flowers as he was afraid that the bees would chase him. I believed that he was influenced after reading Winnie-the-Pooh books, where Pooh and Christopher Robin got chased by bees. He also didn't like to drink honey drink, although E loves the drink.

I told S that he need not be afraid of bees, but he was adamant that they would come and sting him. I wondered how to reframe his thinking and I recalled that there was a Bee Museum in Melaka. Thus, when we went down to Melaka on 27 August, I brought the kids to the Bee Museum.


We were greeted by 2 large bees, and the priorietor who largely spoke mandarin. 

Different types of beehives for different bees

A large beehive
Various beehives

After a short tour of the place, we were invited to drink some honey. There were various types of honey. I took some propolis and mixed it with water and gave S to drink, as the signage claimed that propolis could help with cough. This was the first time that S drank honey drink, as he always rejects them at home. After that, I bought a bottle of Propolis honey and mixed some for him to drink to help him with his cough. 

After that visit, S said that he was not scared of bees anymore (whew!) and he wanted to smell the flowers in our garden. (Actually those bees on display were not alive)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails