Where's the Klebang Beach?

I brought the kids to Klebang Beach the other day. The last time we were there was when S was less than a year old. We were surprised that the beach wasn't there anymore. I thought that I was a different place, but I recognised the playground structures, so it had to be the correct place.

What happened was that the beach was reclaimed to build Melaka Gold Coast. There was a road leading into the reclaimed area, formerly the sea. There were a few cars there and just a handful of people standing and looking at the sea. We drove in, parked our car there and alighted. I wanted to get the boys to play under the sunlight, in order to strengthen their immune system as S had a persistent cough. However, the sky was cloudy.


Making sandcastles

I tried making an octopus from the sand, but S kept "smashing" it up for fun and so I gave up. He wanted to make a racetrack. We later on removed our slippers and stood on the sand to "connect" to the earth and absorb the "qi" from the sand. E, who earlier on wouldn't remove his shoes and socks joined in barefooted. Then they went stomping on the sand, leaving their footprints in the sand. Just as we were about the leave the place, the sun came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails