Toddler Gymnastics

Lately, E has been causing me heart-stopping moments, when he climbs the sofa and other furniture, runs speedily on the marble floor or standing with one leg on one chair and another leg on another chair of the dining table or just dangling from the dining table by balancing from his chest. The two of them also liked to jump on the bed....and I had visions of them losing their balance and falling down or knocking against the wall. Thus, I thought a toddler gymnastics class would be good for them. I didn't want them to grow up in an environment, where I said "No" to all those climbing and balancing. I think that climbing and balancing is good for them, provided it is done in a proper place with padded floor and is supervised. In my mind, I was thinking, "How did people get to be gymnasts, if their mothers kept saying "don't jump, run, climb, etc, or you'll fall". I don't they'd gone that far if they were brought up with that belief.

Not expecting to find anything, I googled it up to see if there are any near our area. It was a pleasant surprise that there was such a class, and a new branch of Fly Kidz just opened last month in Kota Damansara, which was about 15 minutes away from where we lived. As an opening promotion, they had a free trial class.

I brought the boys for a trial class....and they enjoyed it. So, I've signed them up for the remainder of this term. They both have to be in different classes due to their ages. After the class, they were tired, and fell asleep in the car. They were also more subdued at home, and played together quietly for several hours (which is rare). I think their excess energy were beneficially used up during the class.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails