Inspiration came at the spur of the moment, after thinking of how to recycle old materials at home. I only went out to purchase foam and hot glue gun and glue gun sticks. It took a couple of hours to complete.
Items required to make this:
- Corrugated cardboard box
- Foam - red colour
- Old CDs
- Broad elastic garter
- Various coloured cardboard / coloured paper
- Small transparent jelly container for the siren
- Small tube for the hose
- Pen knife
- Hot glue gun
- Masking tape
- Tape all sides of the box together with masking tape.
- Cutting a square / rectangular hole at the top and bottom part of the box nicely fitting the child's size.
- Glue red coloured foam all around.
- Cut out the windows, ladder and other decorations for the fire truck.
- Fix the hose and glue the wheels.
- Finally, make 4 holes and attach the elastic garter and adjust it according to the child's height.