Making Curry Puffs

We made curry puffs 2 weeks ago, a few days before we went to Taiping. I used my mother's recipe to make the curry puffs. For some unknown reason, it is easier for me to use my mother's recipe instructions than following cookbook. She makes the steps very easy. She usually uses a lot of intuition, when measuring the ingredients and so do I.  I find cookbooks quite complicated and difficult to follow. I prefer to watch video instructions online.  



Out from the oven


Making the fillings     

·        Garlic
·        Onions 
·        Potatoes
·        Sweet potatoes
·        Salt
·        Sugar
·        Curry powder (1½ spoon)

Steps:
Boil 4 potatoes and 1 sweet potato
Peel skin the skin
Dice the potatoes into small chunks
(I used the other variation, where I peeled the skin first, dice them, then boiled them.)
Saute the garlic and onions
Add in the boiled potatoes
Add adequate salt & sugar 
Let it cool


Making the dough

·        150 g butter
·        ½ cup milk or water
·        1 egg
·        300g wheat flour 
·        ½ tsp baking powder

Steps:
Mix the remaining ingredients into dough
Knead dough
Roll flat
Cut with cutter
Put it on the mould

Heat the oven to 190 degree celcius 
Put into oven and bake it until it is golden brown.
Remove from oven.

Rolling the dough flat
Carefully lifting the dough
Careful, careful!

Putting it on the mould
Adding in the potato fillings
Pressing shut
Peeling off the excess dough 

Placing the curry puff into a tray
E also wanted to help out
Peeling off excess dough
Ta-daah!!!
Enjoying the fruits of their labour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails