Waterfall in FRIM

We went to visit Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) in Kepong on 14 November 2010. We decided to visit it more often, since it was not too far away from our place. The last time I was there was in 1996 when hubby (my bf back then) and I organised a 3D/2N children camp in FRIM at the Nature Education Centre.

FRIM was a nice place to be as we could hear the sounds of the forest. We went to the picnic area. Opposite the picnic area was Sg. Kroh Waterfall. I hadn't been to the waterfall and didn't know what to expect. I was expecting to go for a jungle trek, but we suddenly came to the picnic area and waterfall. Although I had packed a change of clothes and a towel, I had forgotten to bring along their swimming trunks.


Climbing up the steps towards the waterfall. 

The waterfall was nice place for children, if they come supervised. There was a shallow pool where the children could wade in. There were tiny tadpoles in the water.



We climbed to a higher rocky area that was above the pool. The rocks were quite slippery. I took a picture of hubby and the boys. I held S' hand in my right hand. Then, as I started to turn back, I felt something beneath my right foot. At first I thought it was a leech. As I turned my foot to look at it, I saw a green frog (I presumed dead) with blood on it stuck to my feet. I got a shock of my life, and spontaneously tried to kick the frog off from my leg, but it didn't dislodge itself. Then, I swung my leg harder and plop, S and I fell into the water. So much for me not wanting to get my clothes wet. Luckily, my camera was safely round my neck, otherwise, it would have been the end of it. We went back down by another safer way - walking barefooted on the ground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails