30.11.11 - Library books from Perpustakaan Negara

We borrowed these books from the National Library (Perpustakaan Negara) at Jalan Tun Razak. Some of the children's books there are quite interesting, and they have the "I Wonder Why" series there too. (PSN library also has the "I Wonder Why" series). This series is sold by Grolier. Thank goodness we did not purchase the expensive set when we could easily borrow them from the library.

I could borrow 24 books from the National Library at one time for my family. 12 books using their normal system and another 12 books using their U-Pustaka system. (1 person can borrow 3 books for 3 weeks). This makes it more cost-effective as I have to travel quite far (65 km to and fro) to go to the National Library incurring petrol and toll charges along the way. However, I have decided to stop borrowing from the National Library for the time being, until their U-Pustaka is system is upgraded or more efficient. It has malfunctioned several times and during that time, I couldn't borrow or I had to wait around 20 minutes to self-checkout the books as the system is very slow. It is a very inefficient system and even the librarians dislike the system.

The boys love the Babar series









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails