15.9.11 - Johor Bahru Public Library

I had planned to visit several places, in JB but only managed to visit one - the JB public library. I wanted to visit Istana Bukit Serene, but had missed the road that led to the palace's grounds. Then, I made a U-turn and tried to visit Danga Bay instead. However, there weren't anyone there, except for 3 policemen near the small roundabout. There was a large ferry boat there. It looked so surreal, it was 10.30 am, and there weren't anyone in sight. There were a row of bicycles for rent and a tram that was parked there. I had read about the Danga Bay petting zoo animals being seized a few days earlier due to mistreatment. Could it be that the whole place had suspended its operations? I made a U-turn and went out. I passed by what seemed to be a food court area but it looked like a demolition site.

I tried to find my way to Istana Bukit Serene again, to no avail, even with my GPS. We seemed to be going round in circles and finally the GPS led me up the flyover and we headed back to the city centre. Frustrated, I decided to head on towards the JB public library. I parked the car at the parking below and we walked up the steps. There are tables and chairs on the ground floor where one can eat and drink and chat.


The children's section was on the left on the ground floor. However, they didn't allow me to bring my knapsack in and I was asked to keep it in the lockers. I decided to skip visiting the children's section, because what caught our eyes were the Petronas learning / play area - which was similar to Petrosains in KL, but this one was free. The boys tried their hands on all the puzzles there. 





S made a small pyramid
Making the triangle base of the large pyramid

Finished!
Making a pyramid with a square base. There weren't enough triangles, so we borrow the blue ones from the other set. 
E drew a car
S drew a 3D car
Butterfly and flower drawn by S

Address: 
Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Johor
Lot 19745, Jalan Yahya Awal, 
80100 Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails