8.1.11: Battlebot Challenge 2011

We headed to Bangsar Village to glimpse the Battlebot challenge organised by Children's Technology Workshop that was going on and to just view the place, since it was over 2 years since we last went there. I was curious to find out what the Battlebot challenge was about and to see the students' creations.

I wanted my boys, especially S to see the robotic lego battlebot that was created by the students, since he was interested in making vehicles from lego toys. Most of the students were from international schools and were in the category of 7 - 9 years old. They were in teams comprising of 3 boys each. I guess it's in the boys' nature to like such battle games.

We stood and watch for around 10 minutes, as I wasn't so sure if it was a good thing to let my boys view a 'battle' where there's a winner and there's a loser. I did not want to impart to them a "Win-Lose" mentality. I prefer to strive for "Win-Win". We later headed to Toy's R Us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails